Create App Store Account
Apple App Store
1. Create an Apple ID
If you already have an Apple ID that is not already linked to a developer account you can skip this step.
1.1 Go to https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create to create a new Apple ID Fill in all the required information and click on “Continue”
1.2 You’re receive an email on the provided address. Fill in the code that is in this email and then choose “Continue”.
1.3 You now have an Apple ID that can be used to login to Apple.
2. Two-factor-authentication for Apple ID
When you’ve already enabled two-factor-authentication, you skip this step.
If the Apple ID you want to use to register for the Apple Developer Program is different from your personal Apple ID, please follow the steps below. If you want to use your personal Apple ID then use the guide at https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/HT204915 and then proceed to step 3.
If both Apple IDs are already configured for two-factor authentication:
- On your iOS device
Add the developer Apple ID to your device running iOS 12 or later via Settings -> Passwords and Accounts -> Add Account -> iCloud. Your device is now set up to receive verification codes for both your personal and developer Apple ID.
- On your Mac
Add the developer Apple ID to your Mac running OS X El Capitan or higher through System Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> iCloud. Your Mac is now set up to receive verification codes for both your personal and developer Apple ID.
If both Apple IDs are not already configured for two-factor authentication:
- On your iOS device
- Enable two-factor authentication for your personal Apple ID through Settings -> iCloud -> Password and Security -> Two-factor authentication.
- Sign out of iCloud on your iOS device via Settings -> iCloud -> Sign out. Sign in to iCloud on your device with the developer Apple ID.
- Enable two-factor authentication for the developer Apple ID through Settings -> iCloud -> Password and Security -> Two-factor authentication.
- Log in to iCloud on your iOS device using your personal Apple ID.
- Add the developer Apple ID to your device through Settings -> Passwords and Accounts -> Add Account -> iCloud.
- Your device is now set up to receive verification codes for both your personal and developer Apple ID.
- On your Mac
- Enable two-factor authentication for your personal Apple ID through System Preferences -> iCloud -> Account Details -> Security.
- Create a new system account on your Mac for the developer Apple ID through System Preferences -> Users and Groups.
- Sign in to the new developer account and enable two-factor authentication for the developer Apple ID through System Preferences -> iCloud -> Account Details -> Security.
- Sign in to your primary system account and add the developer Apple ID to your Mac through System Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> iCloud.
- Your Mac is now set up to receive verification codes for your personal and developer Apple ID in your primary user account.
3. D-U-N-S number request
If you already have a D-U-N-S number for your organization you can skip this step.
To use the App Store as an organization, you need a D-U-N-S number. This is a unique nine-digit number that identifies your organization as a legal entity. If your organization does not yet have a D-U-N-S number you can apply for one through Dun & Bradstreet’s website: https://www.dnb.com/duns-number.html.
You need some legal information from your organization to apply for a D-U-N-S number, such as: address, contact information and director name. It can take up to 14 days for the D-U-N-S information to be transmitted to Apple.
4. Register for Apple Developer Program
If you have a D-U-N-S number for your organization then you can register for the Apple Developer Program.
4.1 Go to https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ and click Start your enrollment at the bottom of the page.
4.2 If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to log in with your Apple ID.
4.3 If you have never logged into Apple’s developer portal before, you will be asked to read and accept the Apple Developer Agreement. When you have done this click Submit.
4.4 Additional personal information may be requested on the next page. This information is used to verify that you are authorized to sign legal agreements on behalf of a particular organization. After completing the form, click Continue.
4.5 The page that follows asks you to select an entity type. Select the option that best suits your organization here. When in doubt, it is best to choose Company / Organization.
Attention! Do NOT select Individual / Sole Proprietor as the entity type. If you do, we cannot offer an app in the App Store on your behalf.
4.6 On the next page, you must indicate that you are authorized to enter into legal agreements on behalf of your organization. Tick what applies to you and leave your contact information.
4.7 Next, you must leave information about your organization, such as: D-U-N-S number and organization name. These two should match the confirmation you received from Dun & Bradstreet.
4.8 The next page displays a summary of the specified information. Here you need to confirm the organization’s address. Then click Submit.
4.9 Once Apple has validated the information you will see a message that your registration request is being processed. Now you have to wait for Apple to approve or reject your registration request. You will receive an e-mail of this.
4.10 If your request for registration is rejected you will have to try to find out the reason for this. This is not always clearly told in the e-mail you receive. To get more information about the rejection, it is best to call the number listed in the email. This is the fastest way to solve the problem.
If your request is approved, an Apple representative will call you at the phone number you left earlier. The employee would like to speak with the founder/director of the organization to verify the information provided.
4.11 After the phone call, you will receive an email containing a link to complete the registration. When you click on the link, you are prompted to read and accept the Apple Developer Program License Agreement. Once you have done this click Continue.
4.12 The following page provides an overview of purchasing a membership. Optionally, you can specify that the membership should renew automatically.
4.13 After this, you will be redirected to a page where you can purchase membership by credit card. It may take 48 hours to complete the purchase.
4.14 Once your purchase is processed, you will receive a welcome email for the Apple Developer Program and App Store Connect.
5. Add Socie to Apple Developer Team
To distribute your app through your organization’s Apple Developer Account, we need access to your Apple Developer Team.
5.1 Log in to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com ( do not use Internet Explorer or Edge) and click User and Access.
5.2 Click on the plus at the top and under New User enter the information below:
First Name: Socie
Last Name: Developer
5.3 Under Roles, check Admin and then click Invite.
We will receive an email inviting you to join your Apple Developer Team. We will accept the invitation as soon as possible after which we can distribute your app through your Apple Developer Account.
For questions and comments about this guide or the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Android Android Play Store
Follow the link below to create an Android Play Store account.
NOTE: Under ‘Developer name’, enter the name of your organization. It will appear under the app name in the store.
After creating the account, you can give us access
- Open the Google Play Console
- Go to Users and permissions
- Click on Invite new users
- For the email address, enter email@example.com
- Click on Account Rights and select Manage (all rights)
- Finally, click Invite User
Verify identity of account owner
- Open the Google Play Console
- In the menu on the left, go to All apps
- On this page you will see a notification about the identity of the account owner. Click the Verify Identity button in this notification.
- Complete and submit the form.
Add service account
To make updates, we need a service account
- Open the Google Play Console
- Click Setup and then API access
- Click Choose Project to Link and then click I Agree (This may have already been done, in which case skip this step). Or click View in Google Cloud Platform if a project is already linked.
- Click Create New Service Account
- Click on the Google Cloud Platform link, it will open a new window:
- Note: Make sure you are still logged in with the correct Google account. Click on your account in the upper right corner to check this.
- From the menu, go to: APIs and Services > Credentials.
- Click Create Credentials > Service account.
- Under Service account name, enter ‘Fastlane’ and click Create and continue
- Select the Service Account User role and click Continue
- Click Done
- Under ‘Service Accounts’, click on the account you just created and go to ‘Keys’.
Click Add Key > Create new key and choose the JSON option followed by Create.
- The JSON file is downloaded automatically. Then close the screen
- Go back to the Google Play Console and at (the settings page ‘API Access’) ‘Login Details’, click Refresh.
- Click Manage Play Console permissions and check the ‘Manage (all permissions)’ option.
- Click Invite User and send the invitation.
- Finally, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your app and the JSON file.
Below are the required graphic items for the App Stores. Send these images (as files) via ticket or to email@example.com.
The app icon
This is the small image that represents the app on a user’s device. The square picture you tap on to launch the app. The app icon must be a png or jpeg file of 1,024 by 1,024 pixels.
Apple App Store (optional)
For the Apple App Store, screenshots should be available in all of the following formats
|1,242 x 2,688 pixels||6.5 inches (iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR)|
|1,242 x 2,208 pixels||5.5 inch (iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus)|
|2,048 x 2,732 pixels||12.9 inches (iPad Pro (2nd or 3rd generation))|
Google Play Store (optional)
For the Google Play Store, screenshot requirements are as follows
- Jpeg or 24-bit png (non-transparent)
- Between 320 and 3,840 pixels
- Aspect ratio 16:9 (for landscape screenshots)
- Maximum 8 MB
- At least 2 screenshots
Data for the App Stores
The app will be on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Below are the details for the App Store listing.
- App name
- Brief description of the app (maximum 80 characters)
- Long description (who does the app belong to, who is the app for, what to expect in the app)
- Promotional video link (optional)
- Support email address
- Website address (URL)
Send this information to us via ticket or to firstname.lastname@example.org.